1 desert spoon oil
3 onions, 1 chopped finely; 2 sliced lengthways
1/2 tspn tumeric
2 tspns coriander/cumin powder
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 inch ginger; grated
3 large tomotoes, peeled and liquidised
2 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2inch chunks
salt to taster
1 cup methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) chopped finely
1 red romano pepper; sliced into rings
1/4 tspn garam masala
1/3 cup chopped coriander
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until golden brown,
2. Add the tomatoes, garlic and ginger, stir and fry for 5 minutes
3. Add the tumeric and coriander/cumin mixture fry for another 5-7 minutes, until it is homogeneous.
4. Add chicken and salt, stir until the chicken is coated with the tomato mix. Add the chopped methi and mix, cook for about 15 minutes, when the chicken will be almost done.
5. Add the onions, mix and cook for a further 10 minutes
Add the red pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the garam masala and the chopped coriander, stir and serve with rice or chapati.