2 cups whole wheat flour (chapatti flour)
½ cup gur / gor / jaggery
1/3 cup milk
2 table spoon oil
1 tspn fennel seeds
½ ground Cardamom
½ tspn ground Nutmeg
Vegetable oil for frying
Jaggery or gur is supposed to be good for you, and certainly much better for you than refined sugar. It contains minerals and vitamins lost during refining of sugar. Likewise whole wheat flour is more nutritious than white flour.
1. Mix the flour, fennel seeds, cardamom and nutmeg.
2. Rub in the oil, so that the mixture looks like fine bread crumbs
3. Melt the gur in the microwave (2 minutes or so) and mix with the milk
4. Beat the egg
5. Add above liquid to the flour and make a soft dough
6. Roll into ¾ inch and cut into diamond shapes, or use a biscuit cutter.
These should keep in an airtight container for at least a month.