- Wash and dry the chillies and slice into rounds about 1/2 inch.
- Add salt, and spread on a tea towel, leave for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Place the oil, lemon juice, mustard, fenugrek and turmeric in a clean screw top jar (large enough to fit the chillies), close the lid and give it a good shake.
- Add the chillies into the jar, mix well.
- This is ready to eat in 24 hours.
Thursday, 17 February 2011
15-20 long chillies (not too hot)
1 level teaspoon salt
1/3 cup (80ml) oil
1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice
1 heaped tablespoon split mustard
1/2 teaspoon fenugrek
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
I usually can't wait and it tastes fine!
Wednesday, 16 February 2011
2 lb of carrots (about 8 medium carrots); julienned into thin strips
20 green chillies; split into two
8 cloves of garlic; minced
1/2 cup (125mls) oil
3 table spoons tomato puree
3 teaspoons ground red chillies
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1. Add half the salt to the carrot strips, and spread the carrots on a tea towel, leave for a couple of hours or overnight.
2. Add the other half of salt to the green chillies, spread on a tea towel, and leave for a couple of hours or overnight.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic, saute until light brown.
4. Add the tomato puree, stir for about 5 minutes
5. Add the tumeric and powdered red chillies and cook for a few minutes.
6. Cool, add the carrots and the green chillies and mix well.
Serve as a side, Enjoy.
Will keep for at least 2 weeks in the Fridge.
Ours usually is gone within 3 days!!