2 cups whole wheat flour (chapati flour)
1/2 tblspn vegetable oil
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn tumeric
1/2 tspn roughly ground black pepper
- Mix the dry ingredients, add oil and mix, add water to form a firm dough and knead till smooth. Let it rest for about 30 minutes. Make small balls about walnut size.
- Roll out into 4 inch diameter circles.
- Fry in hot oil, one or two at a time, holding them under the oil on the first side until they puff.
- Turn and fry till golden brown; drain
- Serve as soon as possible. There is generally a queue for Chachi's puri. See how the boys are enjoying it.