Seen here served with yellow lime, ginger and chilli pickle and Carrots with gur (jaggery) pickle. Recipes of pickles to come when we get a summer here in England!
1 tbspn oil
2 large onions, 1/2 chopped finely; rest sliced lengthways into thick slices.
4 large tomatoes; blanched, and chopped finely
2 tblspn yogurt
4 cloves garlic; minced
2 inch ginger; grated
2 green chillies; minced
2 heaped tspns coriander/cumin powder
2 lb prawns
1/4 tspn garam masala
1/3 cup chopped coriander
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the finely chopped onions and fry until golden brown,
2. Add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chillies. Stir and fry for 5 minutes, add the yogurt, mix and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the tumeric and coriander/cumin mixture fry for another 5-7 minutes, until it is homogeneous.
4. Add rest of the onions, mix and cook for a further 10 minutes
5. Add prawns and salt, stir until they are coated with the tomato mix. cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the garam masala and the coriander.
Mix and serve with chapatti or roti