2 cups water
1 table spoon chickpea flour
salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a pan, add the whole spices and the green chillies, as soon as the spices pop, add the urad beans. Mix and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the yogurt, water and chickpea flour until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the garlic, ginger and tomatoes to the beans, mix, add the turmeric, coriander and cumin powders. Stir fry for about 5 minutes, add the yogurt mix, season with salt.
- Bring to boil, turn the heat down when it gets frothy otherwise it will overflow. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve garnished with coriander.