1/2 cup mung beans; soaked overnight.
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock or water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion; chopped fine
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 400gm can of plum tomatoes; liquidised
- Boil the beans in 3 cups of water or stock foe 20 minutes
- While the beans are cooking, heat the oil in a pan large enough for the soup.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until slightly brown, add the flour and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and the stock / water
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread