1 cup cooked rice,
1/4 cup methi / fenugreek finely chopped
1/4 cup coriander; finely chopped
1/4 cup onions; finely chopped
1/2 cup courgette / zucchini; finely grated
2 cloves garlic; minced
2 inch ginger; grated
2 green chillies; finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 cup millet flour
1/4 cup chapati flour
1/4 cup semolina / soji
1/4 cup chickpea flour
1/2 teaspoon Sodium Bicarbonate
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup yogurt
for tempering / vaghar
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
a few curry leaves
salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients except for the vaghar/tempering spices with the salt in a bowl and mix. Let it stand for 10 minutes, as water will be released from the courgette.
- If it is too dry add a few drops of water until you get a fairly firm dough, it should be a little sticky.
- Take a small lime size ball of dough in your palm and shape with your fingers to form sausage shaped muthia
- Place in a steamer for 15 minutes.
- When cool, cut into bite size pieces and place in a serving dish
- Heat the oil, add the cumin, mustard and sesame seeds with the curry leaves, let the brown and pour over the muthia.
- Garnish with coriander if desired.
- Put it in your lunch box for tomorrow!
The taste is similar to dhokra