1. Clean the trotters throughly, make sure you remove all the short hairs. Marinate in lemon juice, garlic, ginger and chillies for 30 minutes
2. Place them in pressure cooker with 2 cups of water and bring to boil, cook for at least an hour.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan large enough to fit the paya / trotters and fry the onions until dark brown.
4. Add the tomatoes, stir and cook at low heat for about 10 minutes
5. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric powders and salt, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the trotter and enough of the liquid to cover the bones, bring to boil and simmer for a further 30 minutes. Add the garam masala and mix.
7. Serve with paratha or nan bread