Sunday, 4 February 2007
Paratha Stuffed with Brocholi and Potatoes
3 cups chapati flour
1/2 tspn salt
water to mix
Sieve the flour and salt together. Add the oil, rub it in so that it appears like crumbs, slowly add the water to make a firm dough. Knead well, leave aside for 30 mins
2 medium potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
small head of brocholi, steamed and mashed
salt to taste
1/2 tspn black pepper
1/4 tspn ajwain
mix all the above
1/2 cup olive oil for frying
1. Divide the dough in 6 parts, further divide each portion into two and roll out to get a 4 inch diameter roti.
2. Place a heaped tablespoon of the potato mix on the roti and spread evenly.
3. Place the other roti on top, seal the edges, and roll until it is about 7 inch diameter.
4. Place a little olive oil on a hot tava (frying pan)
5. Place the paratha carefully and fry both sides for couple of minutes each side.
6 Repeat until all the paratha are made.
Serve with any curry or chutney. I served it with beans curry.
I tried to make these paratha the proper way, but I had the same results as Shyamala with her alu parathas.
So I made these the way we make stuffed chicken paratha, or turkey, just after christmas LOL