Thursday 8 February 2007

Khari Puri



Recipe
Ingredients
2 cups plain flour
2 tblspns vegetable oil
1 tblspn cumin seeds
1 heaped tspn coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tspn salt
Oil for frying

Method
Sieve the flour, mix in the cumin seeds, salt and pepper
Add the oil, rub it in so it is like bread crumbs
Add enough water to make a firm dough
leave the dough for 30 minutes
Divide into walnut sized portions


Roll into a 3 inch diameter circles


Make small slits with a knife
Fry in medium hot oil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...I made these puris a little while back...posted it in my blog...i love them...so easy to make too...~smile~

Saju said...

thanks for that Dilip, I do remember seeing them on your blog. I also referenced you pani-puri recipe on my blog.
I must say I enjoy look at your blog.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RECIPES ARE THE ORIGINAL CREATION OF CHACHI'S KITCHEN. ALL PHOTOS BY CHACHI'S KITCHEN. PLEASE DO NOT POST OR PUBLISH WITHOUT CITING. CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS: CHACHISKITCHEN (AT) GMAIL (DOT) COM.