cup size = 250mls
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup semolina
1/2 cup desicated coconut
1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn roughly ground cardomom seeds
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup warm water
oil for frying
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 tspn cardomon powder
1. Shift the flour into a large bowl, add the semolina, coconut, baking powder and cardomom; mix well.
2. Add the butter, mix so that it looks like bread crumbs.
3. Add the warm water slowly to make a soft dough. You may in slightly more water.
4. Take a walnut size lump of dough and squeeze with fingers and palm of hand; make a fist (muthia), place on a tray. Makes about 30.
5. Heat the oil and fry the kokothende at medium heat, so that they cook through and are crispy.
Place the sugar in a sauce pan with the water, bring to boil until the mixture becomes sticky. (20 minutes.) Dip the kokothende in the syrup and place on a tray.
The frosting will set when cool.