2 cups basmati rice; washed and soaked for 30 minutes
3 cups water
2 tbspn olive oil
5-6 garlic cloves; sliced
½ tspn cumin seeds
1 cup coriander; chopped fine
2 tbspn chopped mint
3 spring onions; chopped fine
Salt to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan, add the garlic, fry for a few minutes.
2. Add the rice, mix, until all the rice is coated by the oil
3. Add water, bring to boil, reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes
4. When the rice is nearly cooked, heat the rest of the oil, in a small pan, add the cumin seeds. Let them pop, add the coriander, mint and spring onion, stir and pour this mixture on to the rice and mix.
5. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve.
I served it with Tandoori Chicken