Wednesday, 15 October 2008
Dhebra with Courgette / zuchini
Recently one of my readers asked me for a recipe for dhebra. We usually make these with dudhi, but I had to improvise and use courgette!
1 cup bajra / millet flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoon oil
1/4 tspn sodium bicarbonate
1 cup chopped methi / fenugrek
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1 courgette; finely grated
3 cloves garlic; grated
1 -2 inch stem ginger; grated
2-3 green chillies; finely chopped
1 cup sour yoghurt (if not include 1 tblspn lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
oil for frying
1. mix the two flours and sodium bicarbonate, add the oil, mix.
2. add the herbs, courgette garlic, ginger, chillies and youghurt.
3. mix, add the water carefully so that you have a stiff dough, leave for at least half an hour
4. make about 16-20 patties and place on wax or grease proof paper
5. heat the oil, meanwhile take some cling film / saran wrap and place some sesame seeds on it, place a patty on this, sprinkle some sesame seeds on this, and using another piece of film / wrap, flatten the dhebra.
6. fry slowly at low heat or the centre will not cook
7. Serve warm with yogurt.