1/2 cup peanuts (roasted, skinned and ground; I used a coffee grinder);
1 tbspoon of vegetable oil (not olive because that is rather strong tasting)
1 stem of coriander; chopped finely
1 medium onion; chopped finely
1/2 tspn mustard seeds
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 inch ginger; grated
3-4 chilies; minced
4 tomatoes; blanched, peeled and chopped finely
1/2 tspn tumeric powder
2 tspn coriander/cumin powder
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the whole mustard and cumin, wait for it to pop, and add the onions, fry until golden brown.
2. Add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chillies, fry for about 5 minutes, add the tumeric, coriander and cumin powders, cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the matoke, mix, until all the matoke is coated by the tomato sauce. Cook for a few minutes.
5. Bring to boil, and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with the chopped coriander.
It is lovely by itself or with some chevr0.