Tuesday, 4 May 2010
Jeera Chicken (Cumin)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons jeera / cumin; roughly ground
1 large onion; chopped finely
4 boneless chicken breasts; cut into cubes
4 - 6 cloves garlic; minced
2 inch fresh ginger; grated
2-3 green chilles; finely chopped
1 lemon; juiced
2 tablespoons yogurt
fresh corinander for garnish
1. Marinate the chicken in lemon juice, garlic, ginger and chillies for at least 2 hours
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin, fry for a few minutes and add the onions.
3. When the onions are golden brown, add the chicken and mix until the chicken is coated with the onion/cumin sauce
4. When the chicken is brown, add the yogurt, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
5. Garnish with coriander and serve.
I served it with chapati and a tomato, spring onion and coriander salsa.