This recipes uses Sella Basmati rice. This is treated differently than ordinary basmati rice. The rice is subjected to heat after harvesting, while its husk (the brown covering on the grain) is still on. The husk is then removed, it is usually used for Persian rice recipes
2 cups sella basmati (Ajaman brand) rice
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1/2 cup chopped dill
1/2 cup chopped green garlic
1 medium leek; chopped finely
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon saffron, crushed soaked in warm water
- Wash the rice 3 times and soak in clean water with 1 tablespoon of salt for 30 minutes.
- Crush and soak the saffron in warm water, set aside.
- Chop all the herbs finely and set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 litres of water in a saucepan and bring to boil, add the drained rice and bring to boil, cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain water using a colander and layer the rice and herbs into the saucepan, pour the half the saffron on the top. (put the other half in the fish marinade.
- Pour the olive oil around the edges of the saucepan and cover, cook on very low heat for 15-20 minutes until the rice is steaming.
3 medium Sea bass; filleted
1/4 teaspoon saffron, crush soaked in warm water (use half from the recipe above)
1 lemon; juiced
Salt to taste
Olive oil to fry
- Wash and dry the fish with paper towel, place in a dish and add the lemon juice, saffron and salt, make sure the fish is coated with the mixture.
- Fry each side for 5 minutes.