1 red tilapia or snapper; cleaned and washed
Juice of 2 limes
4 medium potatoes; cut into circles
1 large onion; chopped fine
8 large tomatoes; blanched, peeled and liquidised
1 tspn tomato puree
4 cloves garlic; minced
1 tspn grated ginger
4 chillies; minced
2 tspn coriander/cumin powders
1/2 tspn tumeric
salt to taste;
1. Make some slits on the fish, add lime juice and some salt, make sure it is coated inside and out. Marinate for at least 1 hour, I marinated it overnight. Brush some oil on the fish and grill or broil about 8-10 minutes on each side.
2. Saute the potatoes until cooked; put the to one side
3. Heat 1 tablespn of oil in a pan, add the onions until, golden
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, ginger, chillies and salt.
5. Cook for 10 minutes, to reduce the water; then add the salt, tumeric, coriander and cumin powders, mix and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. Pour half the tomato mix (masala) onto the potatoes and mix.
Pour the other half on the fish, to coat both sides.
Serve with chappatis or parathas.