Groundnut are a good source of protein and also contains vitamin E, niacin, falacin, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, iron, riboflavin, thiamine and potassium.
4 Tilapia Fillets
1 tablespoon plain flour
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tablespoons oil
1 large onion; finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 large tomatoes; blanched, peeled and liquidised
1/2 cup roasted peanuts; ground in a coffee grinder (or half cup peanut butter)
2 cups stock or water
salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the flour, turmeric, salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the fish, cut into pieces and coat with the flour mixture.
- Pan fry the fish in a little oil and keep aside
- Heat rest of the oil and fry the onions until golden brown
- Add the tomatoes and the garlic, cook for about 7 minutes, until the tomatoes and onions have amalgamated.
- Add stock or water, bring to boil, add the peanuts, cool for 10 minutes, add the fish bring to boil and serve.