500 gm lean minced meat
1 tablespoon olive oil
Whole garam masala consisting of:
1 stick cinnamon, 3 cloves, 3 cardamom pods, 5 peppercorns,
1 heaped tsp. cumin seeds
1 large onion; finely chopped
3 garlic cloves; minced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 green chillies; minced
1 400gm tin of plum tomatoes; liquidised
1 tsp. tomato puree
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin seeds
1/2 tspn ground garam masala
salt to taste
5 eggs; separated
- Heat the oven at 180 C.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and add the whole garam masala, as soon as they pop, add the onion and fry until golden brown.
- Add the minced beef, garlic, ginger and chillies, stir until all the meat is brown.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato puree, mix and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, coriander and cumin powder, stir and cook for about minutes.
- Add the salt and garam masala and mixed.
- Place the meat sauce in a pie dish and mix in the egg white, place the egg yolks on top and bake in the oven 180 C for 20 minutes.