Wednesday, 16 February 2011
Quick Gajjar jo Athano / Carrot Relish / Pickle
2 lb of carrots (about 8 medium carrots); julienned into thin strips
20 green chillies; split into two
8 cloves of garlic; minced
1/2 cup (125mls) oil
3 table spoons tomato puree
3 teaspoons ground red chillies
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1. Add half the salt to the carrot strips, and spread the carrots on a tea towel, leave for a couple of hours or overnight.
2. Add the other half of salt to the green chillies, spread on a tea towel, and leave for a couple of hours or overnight.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic, saute until light brown.
4. Add the tomato puree, stir for about 5 minutes
5. Add the tumeric and powdered red chillies and cook for a few minutes.
6. Cool, add the carrots and the green chillies and mix well.
Serve as a side, Enjoy.
Will keep for at least 2 weeks in the Fridge.
Ours usually is gone within 3 days!!