I am sure I have missed a few countries!
To celebrate MHI's Golden Jubilee, I am going to start a series of recipes eatern by Ismailis all over the world, showing the diversity of our people. I have already started this series with:
Afghani Kabuli Pilau, Lamb Pilau garnished with carrot matchsticks and raisins
- Baba Ghanoush Roasted aubergine dip
- Syrian Fattoush Salad; green salad with toasted pitta bread pieces
- Aleppo Muhammara dip: Roasted peppers, walnut and pomegranate dip
- Afghani Gormeh Sabzi; a green herb stew
- Hummus bi tahini; chickpea dip
- Machi Paka; Coconutty Fish stew, EastAfrican Ismaili
- Syrian Bantinjan bil Laban, Fried aubergine in a garlic yoghurt sauce.
- Syrian Maklubit Betinjan, Lamb and aubergine with rice
- Tunisian Maraqat al-Safarjal, Lamb and Quince stew