8 small round aubergines;
3 cloves garlic; crushed
half cup walnuts; roughly crushed
2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon crushed red chillis
2. Cool, cut the aubergine lengthways to about 1/2 inch from the stem, without splitting into two
3. Drain the aubergines in a colander with a weighted plate on top for 2-3 hours
4. Mean while mix the garlic, walnuts, salt and chillis.
5. Stuff the mixture into each aubergine, and place into a glass jar stem side up. Cover jar and leave at room temperature
6. Pour olive oil to cover the jar, seal jar, refridgerate. Pickle should be ready to eat in 7-10 days.