Wednesday, 10 October 2007
Thai Vegetable Panang Curry
Mushrooms cut into quarters
Baby Corn; cut length ways into 2/3 slices
Red Pepper; cut into matchsticks
Green Pepper; cut into matchsticks
Yellow Pepper; cut into matachsticks
2 large potatoes, Boiled and cut into chunks
1 head broccoli, cut into florets; boiled, microwaved or steamed
3 kaffir or lime leaves; shredded 2 tablespoon of Thai basil
Roasted cashew nuts
3 tablespoon Panang curry paste
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 tablespoon cooking oil
400 gram tin coconut milk
1/2 cups (125ml) water
1 - Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium high heat add the mushrooms, fry for a few minutes.
2. Add the baby corn and peppers cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the panang curry paste, cook, until you can see the oil,
4. Add the coconut milk, water, kaffir leaves basil and fish sauce and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender.
5. Add the broccoli and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the cashew nuts, stir and serve
Serve with rice