Friday, 25 May 2007
Mushroom and Red Pepper Risotto
you can use any veg you have to hand, I used
handful of green bean
2-3 dried mushrooms
2 pints of water
1 cup Arborio Rice
2 Onions; finely chopped
1 red chilli (finely chopped)
1 tspn minced garlic
2 cups assorted mushrooms sliced
2 red peppers; diced
1/2 oz butter
1 tblspoon olive oil
1 glass dry white wine (two extra glasses for the cooks)
2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
Place all the vegetable in a large stock pot with the water, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
Simmer for 1 hour, strain into another saucepan, leave it to simmer. Stock need to be hot.
1. Heat the oil / butter in a large pan, add the onion, cook until transparent. Add the garlic and chillies
2. Add the mushroom, cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the peppers, cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the washed, drained rice (do not soak), stir until each grain is coated with oil.
6. Add the wine, cook until it is absorbed.
7. Add one ladle of stock at a time, stiring until it is absorbed. Continue to do that until no more liquid can be absorbed.
8. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, add the parmesan, give it a good stir and serve.