- Wash and dry the chillies and slice into rounds about 1/2 inch.
- Add salt, and spread on a tea towel, leave for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Place the oil, lemon juice, mustard, fenugrek and turmeric in a clean screw top jar (large enough to fit the chillies), close the lid and give it a good shake.
- Add the chillies into the jar, mix well.
- This is ready to eat in 24 hours.
Thursday, 17 February 2011
Quick Marcha jo Athano / Sliced chillies Pickle
15-20 long chillies (not too hot)
1 level teaspoon salt
1/3 cup (80ml) oil
1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice
1 heaped tablespoon split mustard
1/2 teaspoon fenugrek
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
I usually can't wait and it tastes fine!