4 kg carrots; cut into baton style sticks
6 tablespn salt
1 cup split/hulled mustard seeds
1/2 cup coarsely ground coriander
1/2 cup coarsely ground fenugreek
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 sticks cinnamon
4 whole cloves
3 cardamom pods
8 black peppercorns
2 cups oil
1 cup ground red chillies
2 teaspns turmeric powder
4 cups grated gur / jaggery
2. Place the whole spices; mustard seeds, coriander, fenugreek, fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods and peppercorns in large container.
3. Heat the oil in another pan, and add to the whole spices.
4. Add chillies and turmeric to the masala, mix
5. Add the gur / jaggery and mix.
6. When cool add the dried carrots mix and place in sterile bottles.
7. This pickle is ready to eat immediately, but improves with age.