1 medium sweet potatoes
1 400g tin Chickpeas; drained and washed
1 cloves garlic
1 inch piece ginger
1 green chillies
1/2 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
6 stalks coriander, finely chopped.
1 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
10 curry leaves
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 medium sized (8in. diameter) pack soft tortillas (6)
50g plain flour; mixed with water to make a thick paste to use as glue
Extra oil and turmeric to brush over the samosa
- Boil the peeled sweet potatoes, and dice into small pieces and grate the carrots.
- Chop spring onions and coriander and set aside.
- Mince the garlic, grate the ginger and mince the chillies and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the curry leaves, cumin and mustard seeds.
- Add the turmeric, garlic and ginger, stir for a minute and add the carrots, mix, turn the heat down and cover. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas cook 5 minutes and add sweet potatoes, mix well. Remove from heat and add the spring onion.
- Let it cool and add the coriander and garam masala.
- Cut a tortilla wrap down the centre. Fold one side over and add a little paste then fold the opposite side over on top of the paste. This acts as a glue.
- Fill the samosa and seal the top with more paste.
- Place onto an oiled baking tray brush with oil with a little turmeric and bake at 180 for 20 minutes.