Tuesday, 26 February 2013
2 cups (250mls) chapatti or whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 table spoon oil
1/2 cup olive oil for frying
Extra flour and oil for rolling the paratha
1. Sieve the flour, add salt and oil,
2. Using your fingers mix until it looks like bread crumbs, slowly add the water to make a firm dough. Knead well, leave aside for 30 minutes
3. Divide the dough in 12 lemon sized balls
4. Take one ball of dough and roll it into a 10cm circle, place a pinch of flour and half a teaspoon of oil in the centre of the rolled dough, then bring all the sides to the centre and seal, trapping some air in the centre of the ball.
5. Make it into a perfect ball, press it down to make a disc like shape, and roll out into 16cm circle.
6. Place 1 teaspoon olive oil in a hot tava or frying pan
7. Place the paratha carefully and fry both sides for couple of minutes each side.
8. Repeat until all the paratha are made.