Thursday, 15 July 2010
Phool Cobi jo Shaak / Alu Gobi / Cauliflower and Potato Curry
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion; finely chopped
2 medium potatoes; cubed
3 -4 large tomatoes; blanched, peeled and liquidised
2-3 cloves garlic; minced
2 inch ginger; grated
2-3 green chillies; minced
1/2 tsp tumeric
2 tsp coriander / cumin powder mix
1 cauliflower; cut in 2 inch chunks
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves.
1. Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onion and potaoes for 10 minutes until the potatoes are partly cooked.
2. Add the tomatoes stir and cook until the potatoes and onion are well coated, and the mixture is simmering.
3. Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies, stir and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the tumeric, coriander and cumin powders, stir and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add the cauliflower, stir, cover and cook for 15 -20 minutesor until cooked at low heat.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves
7. Serve with chapati or puri