- Rare: 20 minutes per Kg, Medium: 30 minutes per Kg and Well Done 40 minutes per Kg.
Sunday, 11 December 2011
My cousin, Karim Virjee introduced me to this recipe.
1.12 kg / 2lb 8oz rolled and tied sirloin joint
2 tablespoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon black pepper
1/2 lemon; juiced
5-6 cloves of garlic; minced
2 teaspoons corn flour
Preheat the oven to 220 C, 425 F or gas mark 7.
1. Make a paste of mustard, pepper, garlic, salt and lemon juice; add a little water if necessary.
2. Wash the joint, and dry with kitchen paper.
3. Apply paste to the joint and place on a rack in a roasting tin with some water. So that the juices from the beef will fall into it (to be used to make gravy)
4. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, then reduced temperature to 160 C (325 F gas mark 3), and continue to roast for:
6 Make gravy by bringing to boil the juices from the roasting tin, add corn flour mixed in 1 tablespoon of water and simmer for 1 minute.
We cooked to Medium and it was delicious.